01-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJerseyDon View Post
Looks sweet! any bottoming out of the stock dampers with a 1.2" drop? my experience is the first few months they keep up but shortly after you start to blow shocks. just keep an eye out
Thanks man!

I have Koni FSD shocks installed as well. I just didn't put it in the title and forgot to in the first thread. Handling feels great and improved over stock set up. I ran Eibach Pro-Kit Springs on my E90 with stock shocks/struts for 3 years with no issues. I also have a lot of friends that have done the same in their Porsches with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFIDDY5 View Post
I'd be curious to hear how you got the 10mm spacers on the front w/ no rubbing? I tried to run H&R 10mm spacers up front and was rubbing really bad before full lock. I am much lower w/ CROSS coilovers, but didn't really think it was rubbing due to ride height. Any input sir?
I'm actually running 15mm front, 12mm rear. I'm not sure why you're had issues running 10mm up front. Maybe it's because your car is lower and the tires rub the fender liner wall... I'm not really sure because our set ups are different.

I tested my set up in a parking lot by driving slow with the wheel turned full lock. I also drove the car aggressively over various road surfaces with quick elevation changes. I haven't experienced any rubbing front or back with a full load in the car. I followed the recommendation of this thread, but decided to try a little different set up because these spacers were laying around from my last BMW. It ended up working perfectly. I have about a half finger gap up front and a finger and a half in the rear. WSTO ran 18mm up front with a lower drop so I had a feeling 15mm would work just fine. And since my drop isn't as low in the rear, I took a shot with the 12mm and they worked out. I'll report back if I end up having any issues down the road.

Last edited by mtechnik3; 05-02-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 0