View Single Post
      07-22-2016, 12:42 PM   #14
verdespider
verdespider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Radio Help

So I am having an issue with the way my Professional head unit controls the iPhone, specifically the AppleMusic playlists. It will no longer play any AppleMusic radio station based on an artists. So if I have a "Pure Pop" station it will play it, but if you create a station based on Radiohead it will show that station on the head unit but when you select it only the music on your phone appears. You do not get the "iTunes Radio 1 & iTunes Radio 2" option to play the music.

I can't get a straight answer from anyone at BMW because everyone at BMW seems to be clueless. Every thread on here has a different opinion which isn't helpful. I tried to test it on an X1 at the dealer but the elusive Y-Cable was no where to be found. Which brings up another question I have, what is the Y-Cable for? Someone said it was for DRM music but I have a hard time believing this since the iPhone will will play the DRM music. The signal out of the lightning connector isn't amplified so it offers better audio - no?

I am looking at the chart above which shows the radio that need the Y-Cable and of course it doesn't jive with what I have, so again I am confused. I do not need or use a Y-Cable.

This is what I have:
iPhone 6s (any device does it though) running iOS 9.+
2011 281i Coupe
6FL USB radio interface
6VC Control Combox
663 Professional Radio

So, what is the real reason for the Y-Cable? Is anyone else with a Professional having a similar issue with AppleMusic radio stations? Does anyone have a 2011 128i my radio setup? Do you need to use a Y-Cable?

I did modify my car a little by having the dealer program the ComBox to activate bluetooth. So even though I do not have the SOS function I do have bluetooth for voice calls. No Audio Bluetooth however.

Looking forward to getting some answers!
Thanks,
Charles
Appreciate 0