View Single Post
      06-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Thank you once again for the input. I asked the mil sales about insurance, they have some other company that they go with, and they quoted me 160 euro (about $220) a month, so i can live with that. I will certainly check with USAA again, cause that does seem out of the ordinary. I am not married, how ever, so you may be right. In the states, i was quoted $1200 for Z06, and about the same for M3, and a tad higher for 996tt (love that thing).

The way I understood that statement (30-40), is that's how many they will be getting, not how many ppl are ahead of me. She said there are 10ppl ahead, but then again, i'm not sure if that's the actual deposits. I base that on the fact that when i said i'm interested (before the deposit), she said that i'm in line... I'm sure however there is another poor soul out there with the deposit down. I found a dealer in CA that has one in orange, fully loaded for $55k, but that's neither the color i can live with, nor the price... Stock navi is a must for me, so i had to order one with both packages, and it kind of got the car price to almost 50.

That was my plan, wait till end of july, and if i don't have something set in stone, i'll try (in a nice way) get my deposit back, and proceed with the Z06, or if i'm lucky with the insurance, get the M3.... M3 sits a tad better with me, although Z06 is very respectable car, performance wise, MPG wise, and tuning options (some ppl say 28-30mpg highway). My main goal is traveling thru europe and spending some time at the ring.
Appreciate 0