07-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
SinCalgary
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i DCT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
I have a 2011 DCT and the transmission kinda drives me crazy. From a slow roll there is a dreadful throttle lag that makes navigating parking lots almost unbearable. The other day I was driving in rush hour traffic and tried to get out of the slow lane into the next lane and damn near almost got in a wreck because of the throttle lag. When trying to duplicate the problem I could apply full throttle for almost 3/4 of a second without any response at all. A buddy of mine was driving me around on the 4th of July and I had to explain that to him so he wasn't startled by it

But... When the car is going it's a great performer. Throttle blips are ahmazing and upshifts are very fast and strong.

I just can't get past that terrible feeling of total disconnect that is completely unavoidable whether rolling through a parking lot or stop sign. I'm currently shopping for a used 6 speed 2011/12 that I can get into. I love manual transmissions and getting this car was a but of a leap for me but I went for it and definitely regret it. The car itself is great and I couldn't see myself in any other car at this point in time.
I had this throttle lag problem as well as idle fluctuations and the occasional stall when coming to a stop with the AC button on and auto climate control on. This started when I got the recall software update done and became worse and worse until the dealer replicated a stall as well as had to replace my gear selector due to it not returning to the neutral position when the park button was pressed. They had to do a software update when installing that part and it is like a different car now. The exhaust is noticably quiter even with the golf tee mod but the erratic idle, stalling and that horrible slow roll throttle lag is gone! That and the car feels like it has its original power back from before the recall update. The only negative is my iPod cable won't work now or any other type of AUX input. I am going back for that on Tuesday and I will try to find out what software version they updated me to so you can tell your dealer.
Appreciate 0