View Single Post
      12-15-2020, 11:21 AM   #1
Jwal
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 325iT

Hey everyone, I just recently joined, but I have been looking for a 128i for a few months now. I have put off getting a newer BMW for several years, as I just didn't think I would like the added bulk and complexity over the E30s and E36s I'm used to. I have an E46 wagon, but it's a total project and I need a new daily driver.

As with so many people, I would really like a manual coupe with xenons and sport seats. Apart from that, I don't have a ton of preferences. Based on what I have read, I would forgo sport seats, but xenons seem to be too much of a pain to swap on these cars.

I am tentatively open to buying an auto car as well, but it would have to be pretty ideal otherwise in order to justify doing the auto to manual swap. I will also have to read more into that, as I've only helped in that process on E30s and E36s - never done it solo.

I am located in Columbia, SC, but am willing to travel just about anywhere. Preferably within driving distance, but I would fly for the right car. Hoping to learn more and get input from the community. The E82 seems like the ideal car for me, as I am not interested in the power of the N5x cars, just want to drive and rev out an N/A straight six.

Could also be ok with an E90, as they seem to be similar in weight, but it all depends. Opinions are welcome on the subject. Thanks everyone!