View Single Post
      03-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #91
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

^^^Road Runner,

hahaha..it's addicting posting here isn't it?

Totally agree with every point you make and don't think you're coming off as being laissez faire at all. You're exactly right in pointing out the fact that BMW is pricing the 1 at a point where they think the market will bear. Does that mean that they are not gouging?? No, like you said the price should be lower, but I think we're looking at it from a buyers perspective.

Anyone in business would do what BMW is doing, that's why they call it business.

As you say, buyers vote with their dollars and right now BMW know that the majority of their buyer will bear the price. I think the complaining about BMW Canada's pricing says more about the buyers than the seller. People complain yet still buy the cars. I think what should not be forgotten is that the people making an issue about the price difference is only a small minority, despite the impression you might get on forums.

With that said, it is good to see that some people on here are putting their money where there mouth is and showing BMW their displeasure. Will BMW Canada listen or notice? We'll see, but I don't think so, I'm pretty sure 1's will sell well.
Appreciate 0