View Single Post
      08-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #46
ducati
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woj View Post
I've driven a friend's 335i and while it is nice, compared to another friend's Boxster S, it just can't keep up on the roads that I frequent.
Firstly: The Boxster S is indeed one of my fav's. I count one particular drive, top down, late fall evening, blasting up a little-traveled road with an underpass in a Boxster S as one of my favorite drives, ever. The Boxster is indeed an excellent-handling automobile. In S guise, it's really about as close to perfect as a street-driven car gets. (I haven't driven the Cayman yet...) But oooh, the price. I've had cars that expensive before, I don't like tying up that much in one 4-wheeled vehicle. And only 2 seats. I'm a papa soon, this affects me differently now than in my younger years.

Secondly: if you are driving so hard on the road with your friends as to reveal the slight speed advantage a Boxster S will have over a 335 on the track... You need to get your bum on a track. You have no business driving like that on public streets.

Thirdly: we are now entering the realm of internet street racing, largely full of theoretical bullsh|t. Where master wordsmiths recount kill stories as tall as the jack's beanstalk, and weave tapestries of theoretical numbers to prove the street superiority of their choice, or intended choice. It's all fluff, at this point.

Fella, I'm not defensive just realistic. You don't want a 135i, it will barely be quicker over a track than a 335i. You want a Cayman S for that nth degree of better handling, or better yet, the new GT2.
Appreciate 0