View Single Post
      08-08-2023, 08:01 AM   #65
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Another bump. Just replaced OEM rotors and pads all around with EBC slotted rotors (USR) and Yellowstuff pads. Stock pads and rotors wear wearing 'funny' and, under threshold braking, were fading (outgassing probably), so wanted to remove that issue.

Pad: EBC Yellowstuff (post 2021 formulation)
Suggested use: Street (EBC says they are no longer track rated)
Actual use: Street and spirited driving
Dust: About the same as OEM.
Rating for actual use: these replaced stock BMW Jurid FF rated pads, Yellowstuffs are rated GG.

Replaced all hardware on calipers (pins/springs) that BMW recommends replacing. Used Permatex high temp brake grease sparingly on back of pad and all surfaces that 'slide'. When each corner had new rotor and pads, we'd spin the rotor then brake & release it to ensure it was working. The coating EBC puts on the rotors produces a gawd awful groaning noise for a mile or so before the pads cut thru it. That freaked me out just a bit. ;-)

No squeaks or rattles - and the car does stop; looks like we were able to install them correctly. I haven't bedded the pads & rotors in completely yet, but the pedal feels great - no grabbiness - easy to modulate, but there are hints of significantly better braking potential over stock. Vented rotors should remove the fade issues I've experienced.
Appreciate 0