09-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #192
Mr. Clarkson
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Update

Upgraded the Procede unit to the rev 2.5 board today, with the 8-26 firmware / maps

Also got the 3.5" Vishnu catless DP installed today, thanks to Huy

Sound

Great great great sound with the Performance axleback. Sounds like a rally car to me now, throaty and fuel pops on the overruns. Got to be careful not to set car alarms off with it in parking garages now

The drone is noticable on the highway though. Not when cruising, but any acceleration in 6th gear was quite rumbly. Good to some, not good to others.

Power

Good torque increase, and less perceived drag when not on the throttle. Top end keeps pulling now, unlike before, so that's great. Little too easy to spin the tires out now though

Naturally, the smell is quite pronounced now though. However, it's not the sulfur dioxide smell I usually associate with bad exhaust smells, just a motorsport fuel smell. I enjoy it, but I hope anyone a half mile behind me does as well.

After installation, took a trip to Julian for lunch. As a testament to the new hardware, I got pulled over on the way up for a quick bout of overzealous acceleration. Saw a the lights a mile back, and quickly pulled over and killed the engine to clear the smell out before the officer arrived. Despite the speeding, the tint, the plate, the tails and the smell, he let me go

Best part from the encounter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer
What's your address?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
XXXX Texas st...
Quote:
Texas?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Texas st...
Quote:
Where's that at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
San Diego. But almost every city has one.

Just a few quick photos from today to spice up this post:

Classy as fuck

Cat ass

Appreciate 0