11-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@ApexRaceParts View Post
Robert,

There are a few other better options out there for people looking for a 285/30/18 tire. That size is also available in the Yokohama AD08 extreme performance tire and will be available in the new Dunlop Star Spec Direzza ZII that will be coming out at the end of winter or early spring depending on when Tire Rack receives them. These tires will offer better ultimate dry grip. Wet grip and street civility will be slightly down but these are still great performing tires and the new Dunlop Star Spec may really surprise us all.
Thanks for the info on the other tires. I don't care about wet performance so no worries there. How long do those two tires last though? Think they have equiv lifespan as PSSs?

One other thing I was thinking about. Running 285/30/18s with camber plates to get them to fit. Am I going to need extreme camber to make them work? I mean running 2.5-3 deg negative camber on the street will wear out the insides pretty quick.

Also, next Friday is Black Friday. Biggest sale day of the year. Just saying Apex
Appreciate 0