Thread: Driving Habits?
View Single Post
      08-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #20
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I try to "behave". I usually drive within 5mph of the speed limit back and forth to work (I've done the math, I can't save enough time to be worth going faster) and I go 7-10 mph over on cruise when on trips. My problem is the people that will not allow me to leave a little space between me and the car in front (because they are cutting in), the people that go ridulously slow, especially on ramps where I want to have fun, trucks that can't carry the hills so they want to pass on the downhill to block on the uphill and the people that pass me just to be in front and then slow down. Most of the latter are "foot drivers" who are not using cruise. Around these annoying people I am tempted to let the bimmer go up a bit in rpm and get away from the annoyance. I haven't been caught doing this yet but if I do the ticket will be expensive. Best to just find another way to avoid the annoyance.

I used to drive more aggressively on the street but I got a few more years driving in and decided it was stupid. I've put my shoe in the open window of an annoying car before while riding my motorcycle (while going around 60mph). Really dumb stuff. But if you do enough dumb stuff, you are going to pay..... Autocrosses and driving schools are better ways to push your car and don't involve tickets, wrecks, or increased insurance costs.

Jim