View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #59
cobra351w
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i, Alpine White

Throttle Response problems

Hi, My very first post on 1 addicts..!!

I'm very interested that I'm not the only one who has been suffering from the throttle response issues, and sometimes it's downright dangerous.

Always the same issue,either just after pulling up to a junction, and then accelerating, or from traffic lights, standing start, initially nothing, then more throttle, and all hell brakes loose.

I have had a few near misses, when pulling out, only to find nothing happens, and when it decided to catch up, I'm braking so hard not to plough into the guys I would have been in front of.

Funny , now the weather is cooling off a bit, it seems worse cold, or maybe the problem is just more frequent, difficult to tell.

I took it to my dealer, as still under warranty, and they said it was my driving style due to the posted diag error, saying the breaks were overheating, so reduced the power...do what!, I'd driven it only 2 miles from leaving work, anyway they cleared all the error logs, and seemed to be better for a while, but now it's back even worse.

I'm interested to know if member TX135i , got theirs fixed, as I also read another post stating the following:-

##################################################

Important Update - Power loss after DME Reprogram on N55 2011 135i
Hey guys,

This is an update from my previous thread - http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638072

For those of you who had your DME updated through SIB 12-22-10 campaign, there is a follow up to address the throttle response issue on SIB 12-22-11.

I've been working with a guy from Road and Track and here's the response from BMW regarding the latest update:

Hi Joe,

BMW PR got back to me and they had this to say.

The Service Information Bulletin 12-22-10 has been followed up with an SIB 12-22-11. The exact wording of the e-mail is below. Sounds like it’s just a calibration issue.

"Referencing your question about "noticeable turbo lag, loss of low end power and muted exhaust", the SIB that you referenced identified the issue and a subsequent SIB was issued to address any delayed throttle response due to DME software calibration with improved DME software.

################################################## #

Anybody know if this actually fixed the issue??

Regards
Appreciate 0