12-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #66
Jatran661
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaPilot View Post
There's just now a software fix? They told me there was a fix due out in a month back in July 2011 that never materialized. I had the same issues with my 2011 and a tech was able to repeatedly reproduce the transmission lag at low speeds, even in manual sport mode. The PUMA case showed that the trans was the source and there were no issues with traction control intervening and causing it to not accelerate predictably from a stop or low speeds. It would sometimes suddenly slam into gear if you rolled on the throttle more to try and get the car moving. There were also other weird things going on with the DCT in my car as, so I just couldn't trust the thing. BMW ended up buying that one back and replaced it with a manual car. There are occasional times I miss being able to put the thing in full auto mode while in traffic but not many.

I got to drive a DCT M3 recently and I see what some of the other posters mean. It acts much more intuitively to the driver's style and what it is asked to do. I may be completely wrong, but wouldn't it have been more cost effective to have just went with MDCT software/hardware versus developing a completely different version for the 1er?
My car is having alot of dct problems also! One dealer changed my flywheel but still did not fix the problem and said its normal. How did you get bmw to buy back ur car for a manual. I would rather have that now
Appreciate 0