View Single Post
      05-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #62
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

I'm driving myself crazy with the BMWP spring question. Been told T2/T2 are the correct springs from BMW parts people. I'm sure they are correct. The problem is the spring selector is a black box, i.e. no way to add some weight to the car and see what the output is. So.... I found a MT 135i with the same options as my car and had found out it gets T2/T3 front / rear. The 135i has the N55 and MT, mine is N52 w/ Steptronic. Somewhat surprised the stiffer recommended spring is only for the rear.

I think the 135i MT is approx 20 kg heavier than my car. This shows that my vehicle is on the edge of needing stiffer springs. So I'm trying to decide whether to go with the higher rate rear spring. Will this unbalance my handling because of the front / rear relative rates. Or should I go higher rate springs on both ends? Or just take stick with recommended springs?

Another consideration is that using T2/T3 will reduce or eliminate the rake that I will get if John_01's calcs hold true. I might even create a nose up attitude which I would not like.

I'm about to say _ it and go with the recommended springs and see what happens. Any input will be greatly appreciated as always.