11-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #20
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Based on the video of the joy ride and as someone with an extensive automotive engineering background I would say that the joy ride actually helped break the car in properly, and in no way would be deterimental to the car.

The whole public reaction to this I think really shows just how little people know about their cars and how much of their reactions are based on paranoid uninformed assumptions.

While I potentially agree with the wreckless driving charge depending on how fast they were going, I think everything else is totally ridiculous.
Black Friday Trolling I see. I say good for them. Justice is served. Don't care if it's not detrimental to the car or anything. If anyone is going to drive MY NEW CAR that way, it's going to be ME. If I wanted you to help me break in the car, I, THE OWNER OF THE CAR, will tell you to do so. Would you eat a sandwich with one end already bitten into? No, Why not? Just eat around the rest of the sandwich. Would you say we over reacting to the fact there are now someone else's germs on that end of the sandwich and the rest of it should be fine to eat or the fact that I paid for a sandwich that is promised to be new that's already been bitten into by someone else? I could just not eat that part of it right? No harm done, in fact, i should thank you for taste testing the sandwich for me first. Makes total sense.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!

Last edited by jrlee53; 11-25-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0