View Single Post
      03-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraking View Post
Anyone used this with a regular hose? I won't be using a pressure washer so I was wondering how this stacked up in terms of providing thick suds when used with a hose. What is your experience?
The Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun is a great tool to help you pre-soak the car and spread the shampoo all over the paint for you. It works with your regular garden hose and helps me save some time while improving results. We also have this unit in stock and ready to ship. I know a lot of other companies are currently out of stock as the mfg is not making any more for at least another month according to my rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
It works but none of the detergents I've used have really made a foam...more like shooting soapy water at the car. If anyone knows of a good car wash for these guns let me know!
A pressure washer and a foam lance can provide a really thick layer of suds, which you may see in some pictures. I think the key with a Foamaster II is using a concentration of just shampoo if you want a really dense foam lather. I've had great success with the 128oz Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II, which is a great value and produces tons of suds. I usually put about 4 - 8 ounces in and use it on the highest concentration.

If you guys have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0