01-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #23
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcafs View Post
I'm sorry but call me an ignorant skeptic.

I have a difficult time imagining that if the engine throws a code or limp mode, that something as fundamental as what gear you are in at the time is not recorded.

Some of us drive the steptronic AT and we know for a fact that we cannot accidently choose a gear that would cause the engine to over-rev. That tells me that the DME is monitoring what gear you are in at all times and whether a chosen dowshift is plausible or not. If it's not plausible it won't let you.

But please, can you provide the evidence that your knowledge of fasta data recording is based upon when you state that only rpm and mph is recorded?

Are you really that fully informed about how BMW stores those codes and the sets of associated raw data.

It's kind of like the X-files...."I want to believe" what you say so why not show it in black and white?
You are asking for "evidence of my knowledge" knowing very well that such evidence cannot be presented. I don't have a screen capture to give you. Nor is there a print out that I can post online. Shouldn't it be up to Terry to prove that he is right? Or maybe he should just spent more time trying to figure out why his supposedly "invisible" tunes are tripping manipulation/warranty codes. Our product speaks for itself

Shiv
Appreciate 0