Thread: Clutch Shudder
View Single Post
      09-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Light_Em_Up
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128is

There are two different things being addressed by Paul53 & AdamRamjit. I have experienced both. 1st, yes my clutch engagement also does not seem to be smooth at times, mostly when car is cold or has been sitting in cold weather for days without driving. It does however improve as things warm up. I've never brought it up with the dealer as it is not that bad, but perhaps as Paul53 is experiencing, it may get worse as the drive train loosens up with age (I've only got 13,000 km on mine (~8k miles)).
As to the vibration issue, (something like the exhaust piping or transmission bell housing touching the body) I get this from time to time and have had the dealer look at it to no end (everthing appears to have adequate clearance). I think that this is a condition that has been experienced by many owners. If so, it's disappointing that BMW can't eliminate a vibration that is typical of a poorly done exhaust system installation.

Jack