View Single Post
      05-24-2017, 08:52 AM   #25
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Sure, the V10 R8 is fast, really fast, but it just lacks soul. It just goes on along with whatever you ask. No drama, it just does it. The Hype R in comparison is oozing with personality. Oversteer, understeer whenever you want at reasonable speeds, the sounds, the rattles due to no sound insulation, the giggle factor when you hit the VTEC crossover and the sudden climb to the sky high redline. Take it to the track all day, redline every shift, brake late and deep, recover. Do it all day without issue and just enjoy the ride home.

I think people are learning that just because a car is faster, does not mean it is more fun. I think this is a big part why older analog cars without flappy paddle bullshit and 14 different chassis and shifting programs are increasing in value so much these days. It is more about the fun factor than ultimate speed.
It's funny you mention this about the R8. A buddy of mine has one and said about the same thing. Must be nice to have one of these cars just to have it among is fleet of other very nice vehicles and motorcycles.
Appreciate 2