08-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #132
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
I didn't scan this thread to see if anyone else had the same feelings, but I'm overall disappointed with the 4 LED AE kit. The LEDs are mounted on a fairly thick 4 sided "post" that separates the light output into quadrants. This in turn creates a marginally bright, but segmented inner halo ring with hot spots and dim spots.

I see that BMS just posted an update with a newer design that has a smaller diameter post (LEDs closer together) which should, in theory, provide a more consistent, brighter light transfer into the optical halo rings, but there's also now a heatsink that needs to be stuffed into the headlight enclosure which barely has room for the ballast as it is.

Without mentioning the competition, I'll just point out that paying twice (or more) for BMW LED AEs is more expensive than any other LED kit on the market.
Ours are comparable to some of the more expensive ones on the market. These are for the people who want the same look as the $250+ set ups, but only want to pay $129.00 to upgrade their angel eyes to LED and don't mind the little heatsink.

Mike
Appreciate 0