View Single Post
      02-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

If I were you I would scrap the springs and go with a coilover setup. The V3 would be a fine setup for most peoples needs. They are more geared for a street setup than track. Many have been satisfied with the V3, others not so much. Really depends on your intended use. I personally wouldn't buy a set that was made for the M3 as their spring rates are different. Alternatively, you could purchase a used setup and add linear springs from Swift to tune them more appropriately for the 1M. Also, I think you should be able to get brand new V3s for close to $2000. I think running two different dampers front/rear would create a nightmare when trying to get everything setup the way you want it.

My plan, for what it is worth, is to wait until I can justify one of the higher end single adjustable coilover setups such as the Ohlins Road and Track or the JRZ RS1. The JRZs can be bought as just a damper if you are interested in utilizing your H&R springs. From what I have read, these two offer a great track setup while retaining a certain level of comfort on the street (many report BETTER comfort on the street with these setups compared to OE).
Appreciate 0