View Single Post
      02-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #5
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Great response, thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to assess; am I better with a cheaper coilover setup without a progressive spring setup or investing nearly as much as the coilovers in just shocks and accept the ride height which I'll be happy with anywhere near where it is now. That's the front running option now, and the last time I was in the market was years back, then it was common to buy springs and high quality shocks, I think the availability of cheap coilovers has everyone passing on that option from my searches. I say that it seems the stick shocks are failing because as time had passed bumps are more abrupt on compression and it feels the chassis is absorbing it vs the shocks and it seems to float a bit more after a bump. In my limited knowledge it seemed that the dampers were overworked by the springs and more so than the past.

Thanks for the answers, too much info out there to sift through before I would've figured anything out.