mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
Thanks!

Those of us without Nav but have Android mobile phones can bookmark the Google map in your Google account and follow it directly on your phone's sat nav
Just out of interest, I don't use Android so I would like to know how saved google maps are used on the Android.

I understand you can go to "my places" and then "maps" via the google map app on the iPhone and view the saved map, which also shows your current location. But the downside is, you would have to periodically look at the screen to make sure you are following the designated route, and also it relies on a reliable data connection to download google's maps, which we will not have in Wales.

With the above in mind, my questions are:
1. Does Android allow you to import the saved google map into your nav app?
2. Does your nav app have all mapping data stored onboard the phone?
3. How do you tell your nav app to follow the designated route and treat the waypoints as destinations?

Cheers

Just a reminder to others who are new to this thread. If you have combox iDrive, you needn't worry about manually inputing routing data into iDrive nav. What I'll do is map out the route and waypoints using the BMW Routes website, like I did with Google maps. After which, I'll download the bmwnav file and send it you, which you can then upload to your iDrive nav via USB. iDrive nav will then treat the waypoints as destinations in the correct sequence and the route between each waypoint is preset by me and not created by the nav system.

Last edited by mlhj83; 06-27-2012 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0