09-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Nice review Steve... I am loving my Evolve-R too. +1 to throttle modulation required on this tune in 2nd! Mine did 266rwkW (21rwkW over stock run on the same day). It has got even better after a few hundred km now too.

RE the Wagner FMIC, see mixed reviews about these? Copy of Helix and core not much better than stock . ETS seems to be the only FMIC with good logging & testing.
I will do some datalog with the FMIC once I have got a chance. I actually thought most people with the Wagner are happy with it. I have an earlier tube and fin version and my focus is to have one that has minimal pressure drop. In a track situation, you tend to have time to during braking etc where the intercooler can cool down so usually it is not critical to have the best, so to speak.

ETS wasn't out at that point in time for the 1M as the tubing for the 135i was slightly different, but I would have given that a serious consideration, but I was leaning towards Wagner anyway.

I think it is contentious that Helix claims that Wagner is a copy. However, I know that one company has contacted me to borrow my fmic so that they can copy it which I ignored.

To be honest FMIC is a piece I have in mind to redevelop as I think they might be better ways of doing things.
Appreciate 0