View Single Post
      08-10-2016, 12:33 AM   #1
Texan Engineer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i + ///M Sport Pkg

Advice dealing with dealer for warranty, mirror housing crack

So not that long ago I noticed a crack had developed in the driver side mirror house, on the base where the mirror is actually mounted on the door. See pictures. As you can tell, there isn't any impact damage so it's not like a rock or anything hit it. Just a crack and nothing else.

I first took it to my local dealer, who filed a warranty claim with BMW NA. At the end of the day when I picked up the car, they said they were having trouble getting the claim approved, and they would get it escalated and call me back the next business day.

Lo and behold, no one ever called me back. I called my SA back once (this was last week), but only got voicemail. He never returned that either.

From my perspective, there is no reason the mirror base/mirror housing should be cracking on its own (and like I said previously, absolutely no marks or chips that indicate something would have hit it) - and therefore, it should be covered by warranty. Even the SA originally said it shouldn't be a problem when I dropped of the car...

I did leave a negative feedback when BMW sent the standard follow up survey, and they said it was noted and they would "follow up" with the service manager (whatever that means)

What do you guys advise I do? I haven't gone back to the dealer yet, since I don't really know what else I could say. Is going to another dealer (this would have to be out of town, only one dealer here) worth it? Is there a way to get more visibility from a regional rep or more senior person of some sort? Help please!

Thanks for the tips in advanced
Attached Images

Appreciate 0