View Single Post
      08-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
lornaj
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Smile 1 Series Coupe - diesel - refuelling problems

I have a Nov 2007 registered 120d coupe. Since I have had the car I noticed that I was having difficulties when I attempted to refill the fuel tank with diesel. The diesel pump would keep clicking as if the tank was full when it was not. I assumed this was the diesel pump but after six months realised I was kidding myself.

I took my car to BMW dealer and apparently this "issue" affects a number of models. They spoke to the technical division at BMW and "fixed" the problem with their BMW approved fix.

I now no longer have problems with filling my tank with diesel. Instead the hole into which the diesel pump is inserted is smaller and as a consequence it does not allow the pump sufficient time to realise the tank is full, so you end up with a full tank but also diesel everywhere else - shoes, clothes etc...

When I explained the problem to BMW they did not believe me, so I took the car back and their engineer filled it up and he got covered in diesel in the process!!! They have been back to BMW technical, who have asked them to try the fix on another car.

So it seems that my car has been a guinea pig for this "fix" which does not work.

Does anyone else have this problem? have had it resoved etc.. or know anymore about the issue? I am not finding my dealer very knowledgeable or helpful.

Thanks Lorna
Appreciate 0