View Single Post
      07-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #39
Viper_iii
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i Conv

Definitely watching this Thread, now...

have a 2010 128i that has these symptoms as well... shakes when starts sometimes...

Was revving then shaking randomly usually when Idle at a stop for a long time... like traffic... then would throw check engine...

Dealership replaced VVT

Seemed to help... now again today it shudders when starting... thows service engine light, but oil change and service was done 1-2 weeks ago while other junk was going on.

Seems they've now replaced the HPFP (Fuel Pump) and still getting codes that won't go away... and they aren't sure what they are... not sensors it seems...

Sounds like injectors from what I'm reading above...

After reading these though I'm glad that I leased the wife this thing... its been in and out of the shop but its still fun to drive...

Just don't like it depriving me of MY Car while its in the shop and they don't have loaners and she takes mine! (2011 Rover - which you'd think would be in the shop more than hers!)

- Changed to NRFs after the original GoodYears went south after 15k... bubbles and balding. (added a can of fix a flat to the trunk - Tires = $450 installed)

- Rattles and bangs from the trunk and even a Booiinnggg sound comes occasionally
(Dealership scratches head on those - No Codes/Lights so there is nothing wrong sir).

Wanting to see if BMore135 finds exhaust or injector issues...
Appreciate 0