View Single Post
      03-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
Thanks for the help guys! Especially Harold, he has been more than helpful dealing with my emails and phone calls. I obviously do not know too much when it comes to this realm of things so I appreciate all the help you guys! So after long debating etc. I think I'm going to go with:

FMIC: Forge Uprated (only concern is not enough feedback on Forge FMIC when compared to ETS) Plus the additional piping inclusive with the ETS system seems very beneficial which the Forge does not have)

Diverter Valves: Forge

Software: ESS

Charge pipe: leaning towards Burgers due to how clean and stealthy it looks, not a big fan of the loud, polished look of the ER.
On charge pipe.

I have the ER charge pipe. It is ok. I do not like the solution for DV attachment with a silicon elbow. I much prefer the robust quick connect clips that the OEM CP uses. Also, installing the CP is a PITA. And trust me when I tell you, dealers WILL give you problems related to the CP, ask me how I know.

If going aftermarket, i would only choose the ER though since it uses the factory C clip attachment to the throttle body and OEM O ring. An elbow there is just another cheap attachment IMO. And ER can be had in a black finish, although it is obvious it is an aftermarket part, mainly due to the big ER logos on the silicon DV attachment elbows which are clearly visible when looking in the engine bay.

I noticed no gain in throttle response with the CP, and would not personally do it again.

Again, i would not go with ESS on the tune, but if you are not worried about ease of flashing, pro dyno tuning, datalogging or resale, i suppose it is a safe bet.

The forge FMIC is legit, i have it and like it. It fits well.