08-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #16
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
My quick addition to the Helix install.

- The Helix can be installed with zero cutting. You will have to put some pressure towards the back of the car as it is going into position but with some persistence it will slide nice and snug right behind the temp sensor bracket.

- Be careful of the beveled pieces on the front of the IC. They tend to catch on the trim while positioning the IC. If you are not careful it will make you think the IC is as far up as it can go. Take your time and another set of hands or two helps a lot.

* When you get it right, the top of the IC will be behind the temp sensor bracket and will sit nice and level.

- I haven't seen this done before but I reused the stock rubber shroud from the bottom of the original IC. Without this there is a gap along the bottom of the IC that allows air to pass underneath the car and around the IC. IF you take off the original clips and place a strip of double sided tape on the bottom of the IC, the shroud will fit perfect to the bottom of the Helix and maintain the factory air seal.