mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
Talking Audio project complete! REVIEW MusicarNW Portland,OR

So my audio project was finally tackled and completed to the most perfection thanks to Ken(VP Electricity)and Tom at MusicarNW in Portland.

As many of you know i had a horrid experience at Mobilewest PDX over on the east side, i am still waiting to hear their explanation and refund for all the crap Ken and Tom pulled out of my car that was originally put in by Mobilewest in multiple attempts to install my stuff..but each visit got worse and worse and they finally delievered my car without a functioning stereo!

Anyway...for more complete photos check out: flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenneth...7623049180641/

goes through the project and documents how much stuff was messed up in my car.

I ended up going with:
Hertz Hi-energy 3 ways powered with 2 channel PPI 280
JL audio W3 10 with custom enclosure powered by a bridged PPI 280
Rockfort 360.1 audio processor to even out the levels (freaking sweet piece of equipment!)
Noise filter..since our batteries emit EMI noise like crazy due to a metal piece over the terminal
Custom sub knob from the 360.1

The sound is absolutely amazing. ken did a hell of a job squeezing out the best sound from the Hertz 3-way..and to me it sounds amazing. Very accurate with good depth.
The sub is mixed in well, the knob isnt 100% functioning yet, but will be soon so sub level is a bit turned down.

The gong is very reasonable, actually could probably go up just a bit on the processor gain (so you make your ears bleed) if you wanted to.

The quality of workmanship is steller. These guys put some quality time in the project and treated it like it was their own personal car. Both Tom and Ken where extremely informative, giving me updates all week, and honest.

Ken is a true audiophile and will make your head spin when he is trying to dumb down stereo function and tuning to you...but just let him do his thing and i PROMISE your system will sound PERFECT.

I will be adding more photos of the custom trunk inlay etc later, here are a few teasers. Visit the flikr site to see more
Attached Images