View Single Post
      12-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #167
NM_BMW
Vishnu Powered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi, S1000RR

I love it!

Coming from a 335, I'm actually thinking about getting this. It's a great base car to start off with, whether you keep it the way it is, or you use it as a base to your modding madness. I'm happy it is the N54, as most 135 mods can be moved over to this platform (I'm sure we'll see the JB, Procede, etc.. move over as well), but I'm a little sad that nothing was done to the N54 to make things a little different from all the other n54's out there. This means we can still be plagued with the HPFP (I've never had one problem with my 335) issue that has been going on for years. I thought the 1M was suppose to have a different head and possibly upgraded intake manifold???

To the ones saying this isn't a true M, your correct. BMW named it 1M for a reason... It isn't the M1 which is a true M car. It is more of a M sport version, aimed at the younger generation. Another reason why the M3, M5, M6, are labeled the way they are.

Either way it looks like a fun car to have and I hope to see one in person soon and maybe have one in the drive way next to the s1k.