View Single Post
      06-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
135iCab
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i Cabrio

Garage List
Post Dinan Stage 2 with JB+ Performance

First off, I don't mean this thread to be a 'which tune?' debate.

This is my first post on the forum... I have been researching and agonising for weeks over which tune to select for my 135i vert. and I am finally coming to some personal conclusions and personal choices (everyone's are different). But, I still have a couple of questions following a bit of background...

For me, the Dinan warranty is appealing. Despite many posts suggesting the piggybacks are undetectable, I've also read a few scary warranty stories from some posters.

My research suggests that the Dinan performance will be significantly less than the main piggyback providers (seems to be ~20rwhp less?). Even though I haven't installed a single mod on my car yet, I can already feel it's addictive power after a 1st track visit, so I am sure I'm going to want to continue to develop the car.

So, my thought was this...if I install Dinan Stg 2, BMW will expect to see higher than stock boost levels etc., so as long as I remove it before taking the car into BMW/Dinan, a JB+ (set to the min setting - as suggested by Terry in a previous thread) might be the safest of all solutions for more power. I know its more money, but as the car is just 6 months old, I really want to protect my warranty (have my cake and eat it, perhaps).

So, Question 1 = Excepting price, does the idea have merit?

Question 2 = what I haven't been able to find is what performance can be expected from the JB+ on top of a Dinan Stage 2 flash? Would it be comparible to a JB3 or other piggyback?

For curiosity's sake, I am planning to dyno my car before and after the Dinan Stg 2 and then again after adding on the JB+ (if I still go this route after I get some replies to this post). So, I could post the results as I get them to add to the available info.

Thanks in advance to all for any constructive advice offered.

Last edited by 135iCab; 06-23-2010 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 0