View Single Post
      10-28-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Question Q ABOUT SPECIAL ORDERING

I know the topic of ED has been covered extensively, but I have some questions about special ordering....

I suspect due to strong demand, that when it comes time to buy, that getting the EXACT 135 I want may be in scarce supply here in FL (jet BL/coral, premium, auto) - Thus, I was hoping in that case to factory order the car at BMW dealer...In past, I would take an extra option here or there for a car to accept immediate delivery, but for those cars I expected a discount - conversely,there really isnt anything especially appealing to me at full MSRP on 135 , which I expect to pay, other than options I mentioned above, that would warrant me grabbing from inventory...this would inc sport and nav, 2 of the higher priced options.

1) Is this something your typical BMW dealer will frown upon?Obviously, I would think they want to eliminate existing "on lot" inventory.Also, does BMW specialize in this sort of thing?....with Japanese cars, it seems to be unheard of to factory order.

2)Do you think BMW dealer will try to markup price over MSRP for factory order?...is there a set surcharge for factory order?

3) I was quoted about 90 days from order to delivery from Irv......but for those here who have factory ordered in past, how long did it take?

4) for those who have factory ordered, how much $ did you have to put down?...was it contingent on delivering the car within a certain timeframe?....i dont want to order with 3 months left in my G lease, only to get a call from BMW stating "we're backed up at factory, it will be another 3 months before delivery, leaving me car-less for a few months.....

=
Appreciate 0