06-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
^ive gone 3 years on regular tires and never had a flat, a few bubbles, but never an immediate flat. I also cracked a wheel but the tire survived unscathed.

The 4 months that I was rfts however...
Happy for you, but this is a valid concern. I have had three flats in one year. Luckily, my e46 has a full size spare. One flat was at work as I was going to son's school performance. Changed tire got there a few minutes late, but got there. Another one was leaving on trip. Got flat, put spare on, finished trip then dealt with replacing spare a week later when got back. Lack of spare is a real issue for real people that really drive. It pisses me off to no end when I see these awesome reviews and commercials of the 1Ms in remote parts of Wales or in the desert all hiding a little secret that if you get a flat, YOU ARE SCREWED! BMW blew it on this and it the reason I have held out on buying a new one for so long. I really want a 1M so bad that I am overlooking this risk BUT no one should make it seem like it's not a big deal. Some people live in remote areas, mountain areas or travel like the desert between San Diego and Phoenix.

Last edited by nachob; 06-17-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0