06-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #105
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
He said the suspension needs to work less so doesn't have to be as stiff - which made sense to me at the time. He said the stock suspension didn't need to be adjusted and should cope easier with the lighter wheels.

Looking forward to seeing them on your car. What colour did you go with?

Re Roof: The body shop in town is excellent and should be able to fit it with no issues. Just not sure about the cost/weight ratio.
It make sense, I think, I am still trying to wrap my head around it. Honestly spending my whole day trying to wrap my head around my shop at the moment.

Went with the DBK. Initially I ordered the DSK, but changed my mind . Might have to have custom grills and side gills to match .

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
looking good Steve, jeez i tune out for a week and theres brembos, suspension and .... a new roof??
Thanks! I have been speaking with Kamal for a while about the mods. It needs to be functional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I think Steve's car will be the most worked in Australia soon?
Probably can't be you Vinney! May be the most expensive... don't remind me of that though. The philosophy was to stay within the same 1M platform - what would BMW do without any budget constraint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
You're always likely to have that honour!
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
Sparoz, you are the Aussie Powerbeast, without doubt.

Looks like you are going down the same road, Brembo's (powerbeast's were carbon ceramic ) BBS etc, you still need an Akra hahaha

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668780
Lol - Akra? May be? . I will stick with functional mods. Although I love the Dakar Yellow the point of the exercise is pure functional. All the mods coming will have a quality that is better than stock. Not saying the quality of the Wagner, ER and the Forge is poor, nor they are bad mods, but I would look into options again a bit later.
Appreciate 0