yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Thanks guys for your replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovef View Post
If you get the rear camber links you will need a different rear shock. You would need a set of coilovers from a m1/3 not a 135i.

If I was doing it I would do front control arms, wishbones and anti roll bar as well as rear subframe bushings and that's it for m3 bits. That is the best $ to improvement from what I have read.
So if that is the case, are you saying I need to get the KW CS coilovers for the rears for a 1M to fit my 135i? And if I do, do they even sell them separately? I guess that would mean that my investment in the KW CS for the 135i is only half used - for the fronts only, that is, if I decide to go ahead with this conversion to M3 suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
IMO the M3 rear control arms are very underrated on this forum. I had all the other M3 parts, and the rear of my car was still bouncy and wiggling around until I added M3 control arms and Rogue toe arms.
So GaryS, what rear shocks did you end up using with your rear control arms? Are they different to your front shocks? And I guess while we're on this topic, is there any detrimental effect to ride, if your front shocks are different to your rears? I know it's important to match the right springs to dampers, but what about front to rear?

And one more question GaryS, with regards to curing the bounciness and wiggling with the control arms, how did you know it was that, and not the toe arms fixing the problem?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0