United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
tantantan .... and PWC is....

lol, I am just surprised I couldn't find it. I am merely curious, I have dealt with a few different composites and even have a pMMA keychain I made back in my undergrad days. PWC seems fishy to me because its name doesn't signify its contents(what the composite material is). Woven is interesting to me because if memory serves you want to maintain the same thread directions for best resistance to tension(for that same direction of course), but its not like these bumpers will get pulled on. I would think the biggest importance for these bumper would be heat(for deformation, some plastics/polymers would deform around surrounding materials under significant heat (thermoelasticity)), hardness, and resistance to discoloration. But with an ambiguous name like PWC, I can't qualitatively say if it is a good material.

As I said earlier, not looking to bash, just merely curious what it is made out of. I am not a materials science expert, it's not my field of study. Other thing that is interesting is I can't find any weight numbers(especially vs. stock).

Last edited by Venom; 02-17-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0