04-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #11
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
OP - I know you are talking about back roads but I thought I would share some pics with you....

The German's strictly enforce tail gaiters laws. Over here you must have HALF your TACHO(speedo) in meters. So IF your driving at 130 kph... you must have 65 meters of safe distance.

On the autobahn the white & black marker sticks on the side of the road are spaced at 50m intervals. The space between the white dashes on the road is 9m. So its easy for an unmarked polizei car to use in car video to calculate tail gaiters - as they follow a car. '

The fines can be hundreds of euros plus points PLUS loss of your drivers lics for a few months. This is why Germans drive well. Because they KNOW big brother is watching and they will get caught.

The polizei also mount movable cameras on every autobahn bridge. They always monitor the filming cameras from a van near by. Here is a typical setup...
May be I should show this to the Queensland Government as I think this will give them the necessary revenue to put them back in surplus! Thanks Dac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12 View Post
Agree with you Steve, re: tailgaters and leaving ample braking distance.

However 2 wrongs do not make one right.

Driving 30kms in right lane is poor form, in any weather condition at any speed.

You could have backed into the left lane and let him pass before resuming your right lane driving.

Both you and the reckless driver have forced him into the dangerous manoeuvre you have described.

There is no excuse for bad road behaviour no matter what moral ground we claim.

Using relative speeds as a measure of road behaviour is also ridiculous.

Sorry dude, the only safe driving then were the people doing 100kph in left lane in heavy rain.
Point taken.
Appreciate 0