View Single Post
      03-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #308
JB007
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW135i MSport 6 Speed

After almost a year of ownership including one winter season, I noticed after long highway drives that one of the two tail pipes had salt caked on it, while the other pipe (left side) was wet. Basically, under light load, the flap closes the left tail pipe (only the right tail pipe carries exhaust flows). The left tail pipe only opens for a short duration and startup (and closes when you hear the click), and during heavy acceleration.

I pinched the rubber tube and tied it with a zip tie (like the picture posted a few posts ago) so that it remains pinched. The result is that the flap remains open and exhaust gazes flows through both tail pipes at all times.

At idle, hard to tell the difference, but under light or medium throttle input, you can hear a bit more of the stock exhaust. Fantastic!

Cut the zip tie and you are back to stock!
2013 BMW 135i MSport Edition, Alpine White, 6 speed manual, Coral Red leather, Sound Package, Premium Package, Alarm, BMW Perf black kidneys, Tint (20%rear, 50% sides), XPel Ultimate full front end and side skirts, H8 PIAA Plasma Ion yellow bulbs
Appreciate 0