03-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #40
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwn View Post
Sounds like you are trying to fluff yourselves on the 1m value. 60k is too high. 100k for a 1m? LOL. You can get a Z8 (which is much more prestigious than any 1 series ever could be) for ~120.

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, and I don't blame you for convincing yourself of the high value and that you'll never sell it. These cars are expensive for what they are.
I've driven the Z8 (one of my former bosses had one). I prefer the 1M.

There are at least 10 cars around that price range I would buy before the Z8.

Also, if you think people are buying the 1M for prestige, you're not getting the point.

p.s. I have no skin in this game at all. Not planning to sell and don't care if the car is worth 10k or 100k in 10 years. I've had people approach me wanting to buy the car from me though and I can tell you that those who are genuinely interested in buying this car and have the means to do so, don't consider the market to be over-inflated.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0