Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatron View Post
I'm not so sure... I'd feel more comfortable paying for the R&D on a BBK. I'm sure they know better than me on the subject. That's just me though.
Once a brake kit is made for ANY car there's 0 R&D after that for future applications. It's as simple as plugging in a couple #'s and putting the right sized pistons into a set of calipers you already have designed.

How much are off-brand bbk's in Australia? Also how much taxes do you typically end up paying when an item enter's australia?

Taiwanese brands can be had for $1000-1500 or $400-800 for caliper only upgrades. You'd actually be surprised that pretty much every brand outside of the big names uses Taiwanese parts as well. I'm not sure how much that price becomes inflated though once it arrives at your doorstep over there since I'm not familiar with the duties, typical shipping rates etc...

A lot of them offer pretty good pad selection as well, but others like Nashin are restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Effort, wouldn't end up THAT much cheaper if you got good quality parts (new)

Plus huge effort

I don't like the thought of running unknown condition used parts for the most part, especially brake calipers, IF i also have to modify them to fit as well..
Fair enough, it comes down to what an individual is comfortable with. If you don't mind going the DIY route you could easily put together a front+rear kit for $1000-1500 which will give you every ounce of performance benefits you require. If you don't feel comfortable then the obvious choice is to go with brembo/stoptech/alcon/ap. Brakes are definitely one place most people don't want to be messing around with haha.

Just out of curiosity what's the reasoning behind you guys wanting the bbk's is it because of the 135i caliper issues on the track or is it for the bling? I'll admit my purpose of a BBK was pretty much bling only as I've never reached the performance limits of my brakes on the 335i. For daily driving a bbk provides 0 benefits to braking so it was all bling factor pretty much.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0