France
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d e82 M Sportpaket

Garage List
2010 120d E82  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Thanks Fidiman!

The M3 rear subframe is actually constructed differently. I believe you need it in order to fit the M3 LSD housing in addition to the subframe being stronger and possibly lighter (not 100% sure on this though).

If you plan on doing the rear sway bar as well as subframe bushings, I would recommend just doing the whole rear subframe and diff at the same time. It doesn't cost that much more when you take into account labour to remove the entire subframe in order to install those rear components.

I chose the M3 DCT diff due to the final drive ratio. The 135i manual FD ratio is 3.08. The M3 DCT is 3.15 and the M3 manual is 3.86 so the DCT is closest in terms if FD ratio. A 3.86 ratio would be probably way too aggressive for street driving.

Thanks for your informations I think your job will inspire mine !

A member of another french forum on which I am too fitted the M3 LSD on his 135i (I can't find the link ...) So normaly if I fit all the M3 suspension stuff (you can find the list here), the M3 LSD, the gimbals and the drive shaft it should work well !
I'm reflectin', if it doesn't go, I could buy the M subframe ...

For the moment, I sadly have not enought bucks to do all the jobs as I'm student ! I know I should do all the work in one time, but I can't.
For replacing the bushings and the rear anti-roll bar, you're not obliged to drop completely the subframe (moreover, I will use Powerflex bushings which come in two parts)

I understand better with your final drive ratios explainations, thanks ! When you talk about agressivity, is it in term of acceleration ? Noise ? Something else ?

M Sport package, Stage 1, CDV, BMC airfilter, VMR vb3, ST XTA, BMW Performance stuff, M3 arms, E93 M3 anti-roll bars F and R, ...

French community of 1 and 2 Series: One-Two-Bimmers
Appreciate 0