BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hey Vinney,

yep, Mr Police man would never suspect you have 6 odd litres of Methanol stored in your boot, hehe.

Sounds like you have the line sorted, the use of 303 stainless for the sleeve may be overkill, but it's far better to over engineer something than under.

I do not know the exact size of the thread, but we will be using a weld-in that accepts a threaded fitting for connection of the Meth' line to the pump.

There are no plans to incorporate a low level sensor at this stage and there will be no "power-purge" feature.

That being said I have never had an issue with air in the Meth' line and I have been using my boot mounted Cm tank for nearly a year.

Cheers,

JD.
I'd like to know more information about the exact size of the thread when you find out more. Or you could include this fitting into the kit? I think most of us will be using 1/4 nylon hose. I would think it shouldn't cost more than a few bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
I have made a fuse cutout switch for the wipers that sits in my glove box so I can power purge without the wipers coming on. For me this is really important as I don't push my car that hard everyday to get the meth flowing. Sometimes I don't drive it for up to 3-4 days. Normally after a few days the meth tends to evaporate a little in the line. I just hit the stalk and presto, fully primed in seconds.
Always once step ahead of us Edwin. Sounds pretty neat, any pics?
Appreciate 0