01-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #51
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
gs/e60/1m - we also need to know the dates for low season and high season..

here's the message I just sent M Flight....

Hi M Flight,

Some of us at the 1Addicts.com forum are trying to arrange a track day at Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, located near Verviers Belgium. http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/access.php

We originally wanted to participate in the 'Public Driving Experience' but that gets too chaotic with any yahoo with a beater can drive and personally I don't want some clown smashing into my 1M. So we decided to inquire how much for a track day.

According to one of our members, gs/e60/1m who lives in Belgium, the costs to rent Spa for 1 day track at low season is € 12500 + taxes 21%. High season € 16000+taxes. The tow truck € 425 + taxes, 18 track officials € 910 and if we have more cars then would need to get 34 track officials € 1630...Track officials depending how many cars on track.

So in order to pay the same as on public driving days we'll need 70 cars but we can run an open pit lane instead of 25 minutes runs. With 40 cars, each driver will have to choke up € 413,75.

So even if we pay € 450 each for an all-day track event that includes pit lanes for us, that we sponsor and control access to...I think that's fantastic.

I also have a friend with connections to Bimmer magazine so we could shoot photos and write a story on this and maybe get submitted to the mag.

If we plan for November and low season rates, I'm pretty sure with this much lead time that we (1Addicts.com and 1erForum.de) could pull 30+ cars...do you think you could pull 40?

Here's hoping we can work together and sponsor a great track event for our international community of BMW enthusiasts.

Rick, there aren't any trackdays open for rent during high season.
Sure if you want they'll put you on a waiting list and we'll wait like ... forever

Just open the attached pdf file and see for yourself what is available.
Now, since we don't control the weather conditions where would youre preference lie : first half of March or first half of November?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Franco-cal-exploitation-2012.pdf (84.3 KB, 195 views)
Appreciate 0