03-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
dko3tgk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i 2012 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
There are bound to be tradeoffs with intensity vs. bulb life, but someone probably makes some that are a reasonable compromise. I would just like to get better night vision and improve the color as well. .
I think the Night Techs bulbs are some of the brightest, bang for your buck bulbs easily available. But the color isn't all that special.

I previously had a E30 325 with H4 lows, H1 highs and H3 fogs, and tried out alot of different asian aftermarket bulbs, all purchased in Japan.

If you are after color as well as brightness, I found the brightest and closest HID looking color was the PIAA Xtreme Force. It's a japan market product, but you should find it on Ebay or the internet.

Alot of the other asian aftermarket bulbs are too purple or blue. Stock BMW HID's are fairly white, and not as blue-purple as the Audi's.

Also I've been pretty satisfied for years with Japan market PIAA bulbs. Alot of the criticism regarding brightness and bulb life are about the US PIAA models. If you check out the Japan website they have 3x as many models, so it seems like they offer their better products domestically, like they do for alot of their other products.
Appreciate 0