05-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
Congrats from the east coast Bill!

In regards to the RS3's in the rain, I took my car out for a 40 mile drive today in heavy rain. I think the tires are fine in the rain. I intentionally gave it a workout in standing water and didn't think they were unfit at all. Keep in mind they have 250 miles on them so this might change when they are more worn but I have to say they did just fine, even when I shut off electronics and had a little sideways fun. Yes, it was on the street but I was on a road where cows and a few turkeys were the only thing to hit. I went up to around 70 or 80 mph through some sweepers with MDM on and got no flashing lights from the DSC gods. Now, don't go blame me if you ball up your car on RS3's in the rain (my attorney speaking) but I saw no issues with them and they were pretty much cold when I started to "test" them.
Great news. I bet the performance will diminish with more wear in the rain, but I am more worries about daily situations in the rain. I will do a little more research when I get closer to making a move. I have a solid amount of life left on the stockers.
Appreciate 0