View Single Post
      07-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
FYI. These setups work with 255's in front UNTIL you put on M3 suspension bits. If you do that, 255's no longer tuck up into the fender and are significantly too wide for even a roll / pull.

If you have stock geometry, you're good to go with 255's. I won my first autox with 255's up front as well.
the m3 suspension arms increase track at the hub, but the strut hat mounting location remains a constant, so the effect on the positioning of the tire in relation to the fender is mostly angular. i too have the m3 suspension parts and the same front wheels, though i'm using an even wider 255 (star spec), and need a 5mm spacer. rolled and pulled front fenders, no rubbing. ironically i rub a tiny in the rear with 18x9.5 et57 (62mm - 5mm spacer) and 265 star specs.

there's room for more camber, and with my rolled and pulled fenders, i suspect i could fit a 265 with more camber, though to justify that, it would have to be a slick (or at least something stickier than cheater streeters) that can be appropriately loaded at such high amounts of negative camber.
Appreciate 0