Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
I dont really see the heat being a big issue for a street car. The catted stockers get far hotter then the catless DP's would ever get. It has been in the low 100's here the last few weeks and I drive my car a lot and so far I dont see my car get much above 220 and most of the time it is around 200-210. There is truth to the coated ones being overall a better way to go for an all out racer who needs ever bit out of the car. Thermal dynamics comes into play when they are coated and since the heat is trapped inside the pipe more than a non-coated pipe the air will move faster and basically flow more. that difference is not going to be seen or felt on the street. If you plan to track the car often then I say go for the coated ones for sure.
Wow..you are speaking of oil temps right? How the hell are you running so cool?? I have the HPF intercooler, no tune and a bms intake and when driving aggressively after the car has heated up, its always at atleast 230 unless the outside temps are below 75. Its gotten up to 250 a couple times on real hot sunny days with mostly stop n go driving as well. Are you running meth?
Appreciate 0