Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4che
Love the 1M... have kept it perfectly stock. But I think it's biggest (subjective) flaw is the lack of a nice sound from within the cockpit. The exhaust note just doesn't do the car justice in my opinion... Not to mention the annoying drone on the highway. Anyways, I've never been one to modify cars, but feel that in this case it would be justified. From what I've seen, something as simple as the Maddad mid pipe would solve these problems. I've heard the sound clips posted online and it sounds nice.... but does this sound resonate "inside" the car as well? Would really like to have the proper soundtrack to do this car justice with minimal mods (would like to avoid a slip on exhaust if possible)... Will the mid pipe alone help? Thanks.
I have the MadDad on an otherwise stock drivetrain. I felt the same as you that the sound was a little subdued with the stock setup. So far I really enjoy the MadDad. I haven't heard other mids to compare it to (N55 or Berk) but from the reviews the MadDad is supposed to be the most aggressive in sound. Cold start is awesome; snarly. In cabin you can hear it and know that it sounds different. However, while some passengers may guess or ask if it's been changed, I bet many won't know. So, it's not over the top by any means. Finish and fitment are great and the drone is cured. Apparently the sounds gets better as it breaks in as well. I love mine. I doubt you'd regret it.