View Single Post
      09-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #31
kb135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Space Grey

Exhaust and diffuser fitted!
No washing/cleaning has been done since so it is still dirty/unpolished. Will be done soon. But still, I am very pleased with the result! Needs minor adjustment to the placement of the added pipes, but its REALLY minor and only because I'm obsessive.

Sounds great too! sorry I dont have a clip up just yet, but will do in the coming days. to describe it, it's very much like taking the stock sound, making it 20-25% deeper and about 20% louder and also adding a tad bit more let-off burble which is slightly more pronounced. I enjoy it. to start off with, the stock system has a bit of "drone" if you want to call it that, while cruising in gears 4-6 at around the 2000 rev mark. that is a bit more noticeable with this system, but not something that bothers me. Although I am very accustomed to the highly tuned, raspy sound of a Golf R32 so I am a little biased, even the stock 135i sound was not really impressive after stepping out of the Golf - rather bland in my opinion. But the 135i on it's own does sound lovely, and smooth, when not comparing.

In any case, I did this mod for appearance, not sound, as I always knew a turbo engine will never give me back what I miss most about my Golf.

Also, for those interested, the Magnaflow muffler part number is 14378.

Edit: by the way, flow on both sides seems equal :-)

Enjoy!
Attached Images

Last edited by kb135; 09-18-2012 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: flow
Appreciate 0